I discovered today that Michael Faris and then Chanel have tagged me to do the “eight random things” meme. So I thought up eight of my own. It’s amazing, though, how non-random these eight “random” things are. I thought about my choices for a little while, so they’re definitely not random. If I had picked truly random ones, I’d’ve choosen things like, “I’m wearing blue shorts today” or “I’ve procrastinated doing the laundry today”!
First, here are the rules (as copied from Michael Faris’ post):
* Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
And here’s my eight:
- I worked for an antiquarian bookseller when I was in college. I still have a collection of 19th and 18th century ephemera that I found in the old books: receipts, funeral cards, bookmarks, newspaper clippings, etc.
- When I’m stressed or anxious, taking photographs (especially nature photographs) relaxes me pretty quickly.
- In high school I played a pretty good bluegrass banjo. I still can, but I haven’t learned anything new in twenty years. And I play only rarely.
- I have 4225 tracks, 21.56 GB on my iPod.
- I’m one-fourth Cajun (Laissez les bon temps rouler!), and three-fourths mut.
- I order Caesar Salads so much when we’re eating out that Deb thinks I ought to write a book called “A Guide to Caesar Salads in the Pacific Northwest.”
- My favorite writer is still Henry Thoreau. And I’m exactly the same age now that he was when he died (44 years 10 months).
- I could probably count the novels that I’ve read on two hands (especially if I exclude the ones I read as an English major), but I’ve read the Harry Potter novels each at least three times. And I’ll probably be up till 3 or 4am next Friday night reading the last one!
Now let’s see… I’ll tag Jessica (our newest probie writing consultant), but I don’t know any other bloggers — at least, none well enough to tag them — except Chanel, Jeremy, and Michael who’ve already done this meme. Oh well… one tag will have to be enough: go for it, Jessica.